There really is no simpler method to cooking than a good tray bake…and no I don’t mean the rocky road kind, sorry. This super simple chicken and veggie bake makes a fantastic one pot dinner or as a quick alternative to meal prep…four chicken breast, four types of veggies and you’ve got yourself four lunches right there…and it doesn’t require hours of slaving away, just 10 minutes of chopping!
The great thing about this recipe is its super versatile so you can tailor it to your tastes by mixing up the veg and herbs. Add in any veggies you want though the chunkier root veg tend to work the best, and if you’re feeling particularly hungry try mixing in some boiled rice or pasta and a little cheese at the end.
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 4 vegetable varieties (I used sweet potato, butternut squash, broccoli and carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves
- A drizzle of rapeseed/olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Roughly chop your vegetables into similar size chunks and transfer to a tray. Add a drizzle of oil, sprinkle with rosemary and thyme and season well.
- Roughly chop your garlic cloves into quarters and place throughout the vegetables.
- Place our chicken breast on top of the vegetables and drizzle with a small amount of oil and season well.
- Bake the chicken and vegetables for around 30 – 40 minutes at 200 ⁰ Stir the vegetables gently after 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through serve.
I hope you like this super simple recipe. What are some of your go to healthy dishes?
Thanks, Megan x